Gallaher Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 01501573 and whose registered office is at Members Hill, Brooklands Road, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0QU England ("JTI”, “we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, and any subsequent data protection legislation, the controller of your personal data is JTI.
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal data that you provide to us.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect the following data about you, in the following ways:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.nordicspirit.co.uk our associated micro-sites (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, text, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, enter a competition or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including: the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our Customer Contact Centre.
- Information relating to your advertising and marketing preferences;
- Information from operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website;
- Information collected for market research;
- Notes of conversation with you made in phone calls;
- Information concerning you and your account such as your profile, purchases made, feedback you have given and other sales data;
- Your IP address, login data, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Information we receive from you as part of the age verification process:
- No part of this website is intended to be accessible to persons under 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal data relating to children.
- We are legally required to verify your age. You will therefore be required to complete age verification process conducted on our behalf by a third party, GB Group plc, to prove to our satisfaction that you are at least 18 years old before you can order any of our products. Your personal data collected from you as part of this process is only shared with GB Group plc for the purposes of verifying your age. For more details on age verification process please visit https://nordicspirit.co.uk/age-confirmation/
- Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you at the time.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION AND PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will only use your information where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into, or have entered into, with you
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we have obtained your consent to process your data.
These are known as “lawful grounds”. Note that we may process your information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
Use of your information.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to determine whether or not to grant you access to the site or to allow you to purchase products from the site;
- to record, process, handle and administer request(s) for information in relation to our products;
- to administer this site, our systems and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- to process your order
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- Where you have your consent for us to do so:
- to contact you regarding offers on our products;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- we will contact you only by email, post or phone as determined by you when you select your contact preferences in your account) If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please ensure your Contact Preferences, in your account, are updated, or otherwise let us know via email@example.com , 0800 169 2891 or by writing to Customer Contact Centre: Freepost CUSTOMER CONTACT CENTRE, PO Box 8, Crewe, CW1 6GF. Please note that it may take up to 30 days for us to process your request;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you where you have opted in to this;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to notify you about changes to our service, changes to our site or other changes which might otherwise affect you; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing materials from us any longer, please update your contact preferences on your account, or alternatively write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 0800 169 2891 or by writing to Customer Contact Centre: Freepost CUSTOMER CONTACT CENTRE, PO Box 8, Crewe, CW1 6GF.
Please note that it may take up to 30 days for us to process your request
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If JTI or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In the event that we need to disclose your personal data to external professional advisers such as accountants, bankers, insurers, auditors and lawyers.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, and to prevent your information being accidentally lost. We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will only keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To decide the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your information, the purposes for which we process your information, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your information.
- Request access to your personal data (known as a “data subject access request”)
- Request correction of your personal data where there is incomplete or inaccurate information.
- Request erasure of your information where there is no good reason for us to be processing your information, or where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing of information.
- Object to processing for direct marketing purposes, as referred to above.
- Object to processing of your information where we are relying on legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and you believe this impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. (Note, we may have compelling legitimate grounds to process information which override your rights and freedoms).
- Request restriction of processing your information in the following circumstances: (a) if you want us to establish the accuracy of your information; (b) where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request transfer of your information to you or a third party.
- Right to withdraw consent where we are relying on consent to process your data.
- Right to lodge complaints regarding the processing of your personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office or other relevant supervisory body. Please see https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ for how to do this.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that your information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.