Nordic Spirit – Festival Ferry Terms & Conditions
Please ensure you have read these Terms and Conditions before booking.
1. APPLICATION – These conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. These Terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with the accompanying FAQs.
2. TICKETS – there are 150 tickets per crossing available, which must be booked via Cvent, with the exception of the Nordic Spirit cinch presents the Isle of Wight festival prize draw winners, and are allocated on a first come first served basis. Booking will close on 15 June 2022 at 23:30. There is a max of 6 tickets per booking made, the lead booking passenger for a group must be an 18+ existing nicotine user. All passengers must be at least 18 years old and UK residents, and have a valid ‘cinch presents the Isle of Wight’ festival ticket to book a ticket. The Festival Ferry tickets do not have cash value, cannot be sold and are not transferrable.
3. The Organisers are not responsible for any costs associated with your travel to and from the ports, missed crossing and/or any other costs associated with your travel to the cinch presents the Isle of Wight festival.
4. ROUTE VARIATION – Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure that vessels run to the scheduled timetable set out in the FAQs, circumstances may prevail which prevent punctuality and, at all times, the vessel will remain under complete control of the Master; the trip being varied if, in his sole opinion, this should be desirable for weather or any other cause beyond our control; the customer having no claim against Blue Funnel in the event of such deviation or variation.
5. RIGHT OF ADMISSION / DRESS – The Master is responsible for the safety of the vessel and for the comfort of the passengers at all times, therefore a reasonable standard of dress is requested. Ladies should be aware of the possibility of tripping on the landing stage, especially when wearing high heels. Blue Funnel Cruises Ltd reserves the right to refuse admission and carriage to any passenger who is deemed by any member of staff to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances. Where necessary, searches will be carried out to ensure no illegal substances or alcohol is brought onto our vessels. Any food/drink found during searches will be confiscated and returned to the owner at the end of the cruise. It is NOT permissible for clients to provide their own drink, unless by prior arrangement with Blue Funnel, whereupon corkage charges will apply.
6. WHEELCHAIR POLICY – We welcome disabled customers on board our vessels. Upper decks are only accessible by stairs. Crew are not permitted to assist with or lift occupied wheelchairs. Each wheelchair must be accompanied by an attendant to assist the disabled person in the event of an emergency on board. While it may be possible to carry Electric Wheelchairs (not electric scooter), difficulties could arise in the event of an emergency requiring evacuation of the vessel. In either case, Blue Funnel will request a signed Disclaimer releasing the Company from any responsibility and liability. Advanced notification is essential to ensure accessibility.
7. CONDUCT / DAMAGE – Should any person/s who may, in the Masters sole opinion, constitute a hazard to him/herself, other passengers or the safety of the vessel while cruising, become apparent, the vessel will be returned to port and the cruise terminated. Blue Funnel Cruises Ltd will have no hesitation in involving the Police authorities if deemed necessary.
8. ALCOHOL – By law, no alcohol will be served to any person who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18, or to any person deemed to be providing alcohol to an under 18. Alcohol will also be refused to any person deemed to be excessively inebriated or under the influence of any illegal substance.
9. COMPLAINTS – Any complaints in respect of the services supplied MUST be made during or before the end of the cruise to the Master so it can be logged and in writing to our office within 7 days. Complaints not logged with the Master may not be investigated.
10. FLY POSTING/LEAFLET DROPPING – Current legislation dictates that any person defacing or littering will be liable for prosecution. Blue Funnel Cruises Ltd accepts no responsibility for Clients advertising in this manner and will not accept liability for any resulting action.
11. All cruises subject to company conditions of Carriage, alteration/cancellation without notice and surcharges (inc Fuel)
12. DIETARY REQUIREMENTS & FOOD ALLERGIES – Wherever possible, we cater to dietary requirements with prior notice. While food allergy information provided by clients is noted and adhered to wherever possible we cannot guarantee our products may suit your dietary needs. With this in mind, the Organisers will take no responsibility for any reaction to foods provided by us and our suppliers. In exceptional circumstances/severe allergies it may be mutually agreed that the customer can provide their own cold meal. Food allergy information from our suppliers is available on request.
13. DATA PROTECTION: The Organisers are committed to ensuring your personal data is processed and stored correctly. Please note we only use your personal data for the purposes of the ticket and Nordic Spirit ferry administration and do not share your personal details with third parties other than the Organisers. If you would like to receive:
- a. yearly promotional literature from Blue Funnel, please contact the office for a Consent to process personal data form; and
14. This terms and conditions is governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
BLUE FUNNEL CRUISES LTD, GALLAHER LIMITED, FIORA LIMITED, AND HEY HUMAN LIMITED (together “Organisers”) ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PASSENGERS OR THEIR APPAREL OR BAGGAGE, WHILE TRAVELLING TO AND FROM OUR VESSELS. Updated 1 April 2022